This year, sponsored by NUMMA NUMMA! That's right, all the prizes this year are fabulous Numma Numma socks yarns, several of which are either unreleased or hotly sought after colors.
Saucy 'Minty Fresh'
From the new "Cake" line, Red Velvet Cake Self-Striping. I saw the prototype sock, and it is FABULOUS!
Toasty Treat 'Whiny Butt.' I hear this one is snapped up as soon as it appears for sale online. Well, this skein isn't going anywhere until one of you wins it.
So, here's the details (Edited to add - the contest will run until midnight Eastern time, Sunday, Sept. 28th):
- Leave a comment with the name of your favorite sock pattern. This is your "go to" pattern, the one you love the most, the one you think of when you want to give a gift.
- Also, leave a link to the pattern. It can be a freebie, for sale online, or in a book.
- Then, SHOW ME YOUR SOCK! It should be in the pattern you are linking, if possible. But you know how easy I am with contests, and so if you have given away all your favorite socks, show me a photo, draw a picture, or just tell me a good story about why you don't have a picture.
- The second skein of yarn will be given for the very best picture of your sock. Be creative!
- I know not everyone knits socks (horrors!!) But this "sock" yarn also makes up into very pretty shawls, so if you are not a sock knitter, and can't show me either your socks or a pattern you might consider knitting into socks, enter anyway. The third skein will go to someone who is, so far, a non-sock knitter.
To get you started, here is a link to one of my very favorite sock patterns - Melanie's Twist.
I love this pattern! It's fun to knit and does wonders with variegated and self-striping yarns.
Now, let's see those links, because I need some new sock inspiration! Oh, and don't forget, if you don't win a prize (and even if you do,) Numma Numma yarn can be found in her Etsy store, at Knitch, and at the Loopy Ewe. Go get some!